1. Types of personal information we collect
Fleetcare only collects personal information where reasonably necessary to conduct our business and provide our customers with a high level of customer service. The nature of the personal information which is held by Fleetcare will vary depending on the nature of the interaction between you and Fleetcare.
We collect information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to) by phone, text, completed forms, vehicle GPS and provided to us by email, post, websites, fax, apps and newsletters, this may include information provided to us by third parties.
The identifiable data we collect relates specifically to the management of clients, fleets, reporting and billing and may include:
- names, mail and email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth;
- other contact details, occupation, vehicle details including registration numbers;
- financial details such as banking details including (but not limited to) bank account details and insurance details and tax file number (if required);
- credit information such as details relating to credit history, payroll details, and eligibility for credit; and
- any other information we think is necessary so that we can provide you with our services.
Fleetcare uses this information to enable it to conduct its business, provide services to its customers and to correspond with its customers and suppliers.
What do we collect via your website or apps activity?
Our management systems requires that your web browser accepts cookies, which are used to make logging-in possible, but these cookies are not used to collect, store, track or monitor any personal information. We also collect website and app statistics (which includes pages accessed and search terms used) but this information is not identifiable (i.e. we cannot tell who you are). We do not collect sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act).
2. How we use, hold and disclose your information
Personal information collected by Fleetcare is primarily used to provide services relating to motor vehicle fleet management to its customers and to obtain services itself from suppliers and independent contractors. Fleetcare may also use your personal information from time to time to develop and maintain additional services which may be of benefit to you.
We may disclose information about you to a credit reporting body if applicable. When we give your information to a credit reporting body, it may be included in reports that the credit reporting body gives other organisations (such as banks or other lenders) to help them assess your credit worthiness.
From time to time, Fleetcare, as you would reasonably expect, may use the personal information in its possession to market services which may be of interest to you and/or your company. In circumstances where Fleetcare uses your personal information in this manner, Fleetcare will provide you with a right to choose whether or not to receive such information and marketing materials in the future.
We may share your personal information, such as company name, address and vehicle registration numbers, with other companies we deal with, such as vehicle suppliers or fuel companies, to provide you with the services required. We keep this information to a minimum and do not provide this information to them for use for marketing purposes. Fleetcare does not provide personal information to any related corporations. In the event that Fleetcare does intend to provide personal information to a related corporation, Fleetcare will take reasonable steps at the time of collection to inform the relevant individual of that fact.
3. Data quality
We keep your data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We make an effort to ensure this data is of high quality, but this relies on the accuracy and frequency of data provided by clients and other third parties.
4. Data security
We take reasonable steps to protect your data from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This involves:
- Physical security - we’ve taken measures to prevent unauthorised entry to our premises and paper-based personal information.
Fleetcare is subject to the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme under the Privacy Act. In the unlikely event that:
5. Open and transparent management
6. Access and correction
You have the right of access to personal information Fleetcare holds about you and your organisation. If you are of the belief that Fleetcare holds personal information relating to you and you wish to obtain access to this information (including to seek the correction of such information), or you wish to complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered APP code that binds us, please contact us on the details provided above in "Section 5 – Open and Transparent Management".
In the event that you make a request to us to access personal information about you that is held by us, we will review our records to determine what personal information relating to you which we hold and endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made. We endeavour to ensure the person or company seeking access is indeed the person or company the information is about and, in this regard, we may request that identification is provided before the personal information is released.
Once we have notified you of the nature of the personal information relating to you which we hold, we will organise a time for you to view that information if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. However, in accordance with the APPs, we may withhold some of the personal information which we hold in the following circumstances where Fleetcare considers that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Fleetcare and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would reveal the intentions of Fleetcare in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- providing access would be unlawful or the denying of access is required or authorised by or under law or a court/tribunal order; or
- it has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to Fleetcare’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and providing access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- providing access would reveal evaluative information generated within Fleetcare in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
Fleetcare does not levy a charge in respect of the making of a request for access to personal information held by Fleetcare. However, Fleetcare may charge you for the reasonable costs incurred by it in providing you with access to the personal information held.
In most circumstances, it is impractical for people to communicate with Fleetcare anonymously as we need to identify your company and/or vehicle in each case to assist you effectively. Fleetcare will provide you with the option of not identifying yourself when entering into transactions with us unless Fleetcare is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves, or it is impracticable for Fleetcare to deal with you if you have not identified yourself or you have used a pseudonym.
8. Transborder data flows
Fleetcare does not send personal information overseas for marketing or other purposes without obtaining your consent. We may however, disclose personal information to overseas recipients when storing personal information with “cloud” service providers which may be situated outside Australia.
9. Sensitive information
Fleetcare does not collect sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act).
Spam Act 2003
Fleetcare understands the inconvenience spam (unsolicited commercial electronic messages) can cause to a business, so we make sure we comply with the requirements of the Spam Act. For example, we always obtain inferred or express consent through the means described below.
Messages are only sent to an address when an individual has consented to receive it, through:
- Providing us with an e-mail address upon implementation of Fleetcare’s services for reporting purposes (inferred consent), which we add to our newsletters, service bulletins, or other company communications.
- Providing us with an e-mail address with express consent for us to add them to the company mailing lists Our commercial messages are clearly identified as being sent from Fleetcare and include our contact information and an easy, functional way of unsubscribing. Unsubscribing to mailing lists is automated, but if we receive an unsubscribe request through other means, we act upon it within five business days.
We do not use electronic address harvesting software or lists generated using such software.