Authority for Fleetcare to collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006, National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009. I authorise Fleetcare to collect my personal information to enable it to assess my application and, if it is approved, to provide me with the product or service for which I am applying. I understand that without this information Fleetcare may not be able to consider or approve my application.
I authorise Fleetcare to collect my personal information to:
- Assess my application and provide products and related services;
- Communicate with me in relation to products and all transactions relating to products;
- Monitor, audit, evaluate and otherwise administer products and related services
- Provide related facilities and services.
- Offer products of a similar type which I expect may be of interest to me
- Keep and maintain a register of the products and all persons who provide credit support in relation to the products;
- Provide information about Fleetcare products and services;
- Provide to other Fleetcare entities, agents, contractors or other third party service providers who provide services in connection with Fleetcare products and related services;
- Provide information to our agents and brokers for the purposes of the calculation of commissions and other remuneration if any; and provide information to banks, financiers and credit agencies for the purposes of providing our products and services to you.
Authority to exchange personal information
I acknowledge that subject to Fleetcare general duty of confidentiality towards its customers, Fleetcare may need to exchange my personal information. I authorise Fleetcare to exchange my personal information (including permitted identity details and information about my credit worthiness, history, standing or capacity) to:
- Any person who introduces me to Fleetcare;
- Any credit reporting or debt collections agency;
- A guarantor or intending guarantor of the proposed credit facility
- Any contractor or service provider Fleetcare engages to provide or assist its functions and activities connected with my relationship with Fleetcare;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies or courts;
- other parties Fleetcare is authorised or required by law to disclose information to (and other persons where I have consented to the disclosure);
- Any credit provider for any purpose I have agreed to;
- Mortgage insurers;
- My authorised agents or my executor administrator or my legal representative;
- Any other third party to assist in the processing of my application and the management of my credit;
- An organisation, that is in an arrangement or alliance with Fleetcare for the purpose of promoting or using their respective products or services (and any agents used by that organisation in administering such an arrangement or alliance).
Fleetcare may only exchange my personal information with another credit provider or third party:
- to assess my credit application;
- to assess my credit worthiness;
- to help me avoid a default on my obligations;
- to notify a credit provider of my payment history and of any default I have made.
Authority to exchange personal and commercial credit information
- I authorise Fleetcare to obtain a credit report containing my personal information and use it in assessing this application.
- I authorise Fleetcare to exchange information about my commercial activities and commercial credit worthiness from any business which provides this type of information; and use this information to assess my credit application.
- I agree that this authority relates to my relationship and entire agreement with Fleetcare and remains in force for the duration of my agreement with Fleetcare.
Providing Fleetcare with personal information about other persons
I undertake that if I give Fleetcare personal information about another person e.g. my referee, I will show them a copy of this document so they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed by Fleetcare in connection with my dealings with Fleetcare.
Promotion of other products or services
If this application is approved, then unless I inform Fleetcare otherwise:
- Fleetcare may use my personal information to help promote its products or services or those of its related companies and alliance partners.
- Fleetcare may also disclose my personal information to its related companies or alliance partners in connection with that purpose.
- To enable those related companies or alliance partners to decide if they want Fleetcare to tell me about a product or service.
- Where these parties have agreed to only use the information for this purpose and where they have agreed to keep the information confidential and return it to Fleetcare (or destroy it) as soon as it has been used for this purpose.
Collection of sensitive information
I acknowledge that the collection of sensitive information is restricted by the Privacy Act and Fleetcare will not collect sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act) unless this is necessary to provide my product or service and I have consented to that collection.
Accessing personal information held by Fleetcare
You may contact us by phone on 134 333 or in writing to The Privacy Officer, Fleetcare, GPO Box 9997, in your capital city to request access to your personal information etc. Access will be granted in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 for a reasonable fee. If any of my information is inaccurate, you may request that it be corrected. You can obtain a copy of our privacy statement on ‘fleetcare.com.au’ or by requesting it from us.
I understand and agree that the use and disclosure of my personal information applies to any personal information collected by Fleetcare for the duration of my relationship with Fleetcare.
Declaration and consent
I have read and understood the particulars that have been completed in this declaration and state that those particulars are true, complete and not misleading, and have been made to Fleetcare to enable it to assess my finance application. Also, I consent and agree that: (a) Fleetcare may give me notices or documents by electronic communication by sending the notice or document to the email address disclosed above or the last email address I have otherwise notified; (b) if a notice or document is so given, it will be taken to be given at the time when the notice or document has entered my information system; (c) paper notices and documents may no longer be given to me; (d) electronic communications should be regularly checked for notices and documents; and (e) my consent to the giving of notices and documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn by me at any time.