There is sure to be something to please every child and keep the parents happy too!
New South Wales:
• Kids in the Park: Sydney Olympic Park, 22nd September – 7th October. Sydney’s best school holiday program has over 50 activities for kids of all ages, including entertainment, arts, recreation, and sporting activities.
• Open House Family Fun Day: NSW Parliament House, 3rd October 10am to 3pm. Parliament House is opening its doors this school holidays to offer a range of free family-friendly activities such as a children’s trail, craft, competitions and roving historical characters.
• Alice in Wonderland: The Theatre Husk Northcote, 24th September – 14th October. This adaptation of the classic tale is performed especially for children. It is sure to delight children and adults alike!
• Echuca Heritage Family Festival: Echuca, 6th – 7th October. Celebrate a bygone era with a variety of hands on demonstrations, such as working steam engines, paddle steamers, yesteryear items and vintage vehicles.
Australian Capital Territory:
• Circus Oz, From the Ground Up: Canberra Theatre, 3rd – 7th October. Come and see Australian Circus at its best, with Cicus Oz’s new show performed by stunt jumpers. A spectacular show for all ages!
• Tuliptop Gardens Festival: 15th September – 14th October. Head down to the Tuliptop Gardens to stroll around 10 acres of garden of tulips, daffodils, and other spring flowers.
• Australia Zoo Holiday Fun: 22nd September – 7th October. Australia Zoo’s school holiday program includes daily performances by Bindi Irwin and Watoto, as well as free African face mask workshops, pony rides and face painting.
• Active Tribes Holiday Program: Multiple Locations, September 24th September – 8th October. Get your kids active this school holidays with athletics, multiple-activity, swimming and tennis programs.
• Perth Royal Show: Claremont Showgrounds, 29th September – 6th October. The Perth Royal Show is a great family day out, with rides, show bags, entertainment, animals and much more! Children also get free entry.
• Dinosaur Petting Zoo: Fremantle Maritime Museum, 1st – 14th October. This experiential theatre performance features large-scale Australian dinosaur puppets brought to life by sophisticated design, electronics and theatrical presentation. Bookings essential.
• Beetle Mania: Botanic Gardens of Adelaide, 24th September – 4th October. Meet and learn all about some very cool beetles. Kids also get a beetle lifecycle kit to take home so they can watch some larvae morph into adults.
• Follow the Trail: SA Museum, 24th September – 5th October. Pick up a self-guided trail map and use your detective skills to explore our State's amazing biodiversity in the South Australian Biodiversity Gallery.
• Bonorong Wildlife Centre: Brighton, open daily. Get up close to a range of furry friends – kids can even pat and hand-feed them!
• Port Arthur School Holiday Program: September 8th – October 7th. Educational and fun, kids can learn about Australia’s convict history with activities including convict brick making, peg doll making, and wall paper printing.
• Red Centre Bird Week: Alice Springs Desert Park, 30th September – 7th October. Get to know the Northern Territory’s feathered inhabitants better with bird walkabouts, waterhole watch, scatter feeds, bird films and much more.
• Fish Feeding: Aquascene, open daily. A unique opportunity to handfeed a variety of fish species and learn about the marine environment off the Northern Territory coast.
Do you have any other ideas of where to take the kids during the school holidays? Let us know on our Twitter page, we would love to hear your ideas!