1. Which official symbol of Australia identifies Commonwealth property?
a. The national anthem
b. Australia’s national flower
c. Commonwealth Coat of Arms
2. What do we remember on Anzac Day?
a. The landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps at Gallipoli, Turkey
b. The arrival of the first free settlers from Great Britain
c. The landing of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove
3. Which of these is an example of freedom of speech?
a. People can peacefully protest against government decisions
b. Men and women are treated equally in a court of law
c. Australians are free to not follow a religion
4. Which of these statements about Australia’s system of government is correct?
a. The Queen of Australia chooses people to form the Australian Parliament
b. The government is elected by the people
c. The Prime Minister chooses our Members of Parliament
5. Which of these statements about passports is correct?
a. Australian citizens can apply for an Australian passport
b. Permanent residents can hold an Australian passport
c. Australian citizens need a passport and visa to return to Australia
6. What happened in Australia on 1 January 1901?
a. The Australian Constitution was changed by a referendum
b. The Australian Constitution came into effect
c. The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps was formed
7. What is the name of the legal document that sets out the rules for the government of Australia?
a. The Australian Federation
b. The Australian Commonwealth
c. The Australian Constitution
8. Which of these is a role of the Governor-General?
a. The appointment of state premiers
b. The signing of Bills passed by the Australian Parliament
c. The appointment of the Head of State
9. What is a referendum?
a. A vote to change the government
b. A vote to change the Australian Constitution
c. A vote to change the Prime Minister
10. Which of these statements about state governments is correct?
a. All states have the same constitution
b. Each state has its own constitution
c. The states have no constitution
Answers (don't cheat!)
1c, 2a, 3a, 4b, 5a, 6b, 7c, 8b, 9b, 10b
Source - www.citizenship.gov.au