• Go bowling – As well as being a fun family activity, it’s also a great way to get the kids up and about rather than glued to the TV or computer.
• Take a trip to the cinema – There’s no better place to be on a cold rainy day than in a dry, warm cinema watching any of the fun family movies out this school holidays.
• Try your hand at ice skating – Granted, you won’t be warm or dry, but it is a great way to truly experience winter! Most major cities have ice rinks where you can rent skates.
• Have some fun at a game arcade – If your kids are the gaming types they will love a trip to your local game arcade. A few dollars will give them some turns on some games and they could even win a prize!
• Bake some cookies – Teaching your kids to bake is not only fun but educational too! And there is nothing quite like a warm gooey cookie on a cold winters day.
• Take part in holiday activity programs – Enrol your kids in a holiday school program offered by your local community centre, where they can take part in indoor activities such as sports, crafts and more!
Do you have any other ideas for winter school holiday activities? We’d love to hear them on our Twitter page!