• The word chocolate originates from the Aztec word 'cacahuatl' or 'xocolatl' which means 'bitter water'.
• There are over 500 flavour components in chocolate, which is double the amount found in strawberry and vanilla. Which flavour do you always choose?
• What GFC? Chocolate is quite an economy booster, with consumers worldwide spending more than $20 billion a year on it. That’s a lot of chocolate!
• Remember the popular Oreo ad where the young boy says “but chocolate isn’t good for dogs”? Well he was right. Chocolate contains an ingredient called "Theobromine" which can be toxic to a dogs central nervous system and cardiac muscles.
• Overall, the most popular type of chocolate is milk, however men are particularly fond of dark chocolate.
• Remember the famous shower scene from the movie Psycho? Well they used chocolate syrup to create the blood. Definitely a multitasking product!
• If there’s ever a world almond shortage, it could be due to chocolate. Chocolate manufacturers use approximately 40% of the almonds in the world! They also use around 20% of all the peanuts too, but don’t tell the elephants!
Wishing all our readers a Happy Easter for 2012 and we hope you enjoy time with your family and friends.