Fleetcare was a sponsor of Daniel during his early career at Fastlane Racing Driver School, and we are very proud of his achievements!
Here are some of the highlights of Daniel’s impressive career so far:
• Daniel began his racing career in go-karts, with victories in multiple state and national championships between 1998 and 2006.
• From the ages of 13 and 16 (2002 – 2005), Daniel was trained by Brett Lutpon at Fastlane Racing Driver School. He was very proudly sponsored by Fleetcare during this time (see picture).
• From go-karts, Daniel progressed to racing Formula Fords in Perth, winning the Formula BMW Asia pacific scholarship in 2006. He finished 3rd in the Formula BMW Asian championship with 2 wins and 12 podium finished, and came 5th in the BMW World Final.
• In 2007 Daniel was selected for the 2008 Red Bull junior team.
• Between 2008 and 2009 Daniel continued his success with wins in multiple Formula Renault competitions and won the British Formula Three championship.
• 2010 saw Daniel progress to becoming a test and reserve driver for Red Bull and Torro Rosso.
• In 2011 Ricciardo was elevated mid-year to HRT’s F1 race driver, and in 2012 became Torro Rosso’s full time F1 race driver, with 20 races and 10 championship points to finish 18th overall.
From all of us at Fleetcare, we would like to congratulate Daniel on signing with Red Bull and wish him every success in his continuing F1 career!