Here are just a few things you could give up for the weekend:
• Food – see what it’s like for 925 million people who go hungry each day.
• Internet – think you can’t live without Facebook, Twitter or your e-mail? Turn back the clock 15 years and spend a weekend without the net.
• Mobile phone – feel lost when you leave your phone at home? Why not switch it off for 40 hours and disconnect yourself from the modern world.
• Transport – use your feet and walk everywhere. Don’t use your car, bike, scooter, skateboard, rollerblades (if you still have them!) and don’t jump on trains, trams or buses either.
• Shopping – a bit of a shopaholic? Don’t spend a single cent this weekend. No online shopping, no going to the movies on Saturday night, not even a bottle of water or a sandwich. You’ll save a bit of money too!
• Video games –switch off the computer or game console and get outdoors! Enjoy the fresh air and get some friends together to play some sport, or organise a family picnic.
Want to do your part to help put an end to hunger? Visit www.40hourfamine.com.au to sign up or learn more.